Supporting Higher Education
We believe in sustainable changes, therefore our interventions don’t stop with just formal schooling alone. We fund the education of children who have passed out from our Transit Schools, Residential and Non-Residential Special Training Centres and those referred by our Social Mobilisation Team. These funds are allocated every year from Hand in Hand India and it is distributed to the beneficiary children. An endowment fund has been created to distribute scholarship among deserving children identified by us.
Eligibility for scholarship:
- Students must have studied in Transit Schools or RSTCs
- Those interested in pursuing a degree should have passed 12th standard
- Those interested in pursuing diploma/polytechnic courses should have passed 10th standard.
- Preference is given only to those who live below the poverty line.
- First-generation learners from deprived background.
- References are considered from the Child Right.
- Protection Committee, Social Mobilisation Programme and Panchayat.
- Preference for orphans, children who have a single parent.
- Preference for children from Scheduled Tribe and Scheduled Castes.
- Children who are not from our Residential Special Training Centres and Transit Schools will be considered on a special case basis.